RW1,000, RW2,000, RW4,000
The largest pre-designed algae raceways that MBE provides have an area of 1,000, 2,000, and 4,000-m2.. These ponds utilize earthen -type construction and a new composite paddle wheel.
FIBER-REINFORCED POlymer PADDLE WHEEL WITH PREFABRICATED STAINLESS STEEL SHAFT COUPLINGS
The patent pending FRP paddle wheel is significantly lighter than alternative metal shaft designs, which allows for longer unsupported lengths and reduced overall construction costs in large scale raceway systems. Metal paddle wheels require custom welding and heavy equipment to install, whereas the FRP paddle wheel can be assembled in the field using standard hardware and manual labor.
FRP is highly corrosion resistant, which allows operation in the harshest conditions, including salt water cultures, at substantially lower costs than 316 stainless steel. UV resistant and food-safe coatings improve longevity and reduce maintenance requirements.
The newly designed paddle wheel was a collaboration between MicroBio Engineering Inc and Colorado Lining International Inc.
Improved Paddle Wheel can be:
- Installed using 100% manual labor (no heavy equipment required);
- Easily replaced if damaged using basic hand tools;
- Shipped very efficiently in parts and pieces including overseas ocean container freight;
- Installed in harsh environments because of the high corrosion resistance;
- Longer and unsupported than heavier steel shaft paddle wheels
All materials are provided for Pre-designed Algae Raceways including:
- Construction plan set
- Paddle wheel, gearmotor, mounting hardware, variable frequency drive
- black reinforced LLDPE membrane liner
Onsite earth grading, compaction, and small amount of concrete must be completed by customer.